Add-ons of KubeBlocks
KubeBlocks is a control and management platform to manage a bunch of database engines and other add-ons.
This series provides basic knowledge of add-ons, so you can get a quick start and become a member of the KubeBlocks community.
KubeBlocks features a rich add-on ecosystem with major databases, streaming and vector databases, including:
- Relational Database: ApeCloud-MySQL (MySQL RaftGroup cluster), PostgreSQL (Replication cluster)
- NoSQL Database: MongoDB, Redis
- Graph Database: Nebula (from community contributors)
- Time Series Database: TDengine, Greptime (from community contributors)
- Vector Database: Milvus, Qdrant, Weaviate, etc.
- Streaming: Kafka, Pulsar
Adding an add-on to KubeBlocks is easy, you can just follow this guide to add the add-on to KubeBlocks as long as you know the followings:
- How to write a YAML file (e.g., You should know how many spaces to add when indenting with YAML).
- Knowledge about Helm (e.g. What is Helm and Helm chart).
- Have tried K8s (e.g., You should know what a pod is, or have installed an operator on K8s with Helm).
- Grasp basic concepts of KubeBlocks, such as ClusterDefinition, ClusterVersion and Cluster. If you have any question, you can join our slack channel to ask.